The Player Safety Coordinator will implement safety initiatives, distribute educational materials, collect athlete health profile information, ensure compliance with concussion protocol and state statutes, and help to develop an injury report database.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Point of contact for reporting injuries to Prowl Board
- Concussion Protocol
- Collect and ensure that Return to Play forms are being completed and reported to USA Hockey player safety coordinator for our district
- Catastrophic Injury Registry
- Stay up to date with USA Hockey safety initiatives
- Communicate with district PSC
- Updates from Safety and Protective Equipment Committee
- Covid Protocol
- This position would be the point of contact for positive Covid cases, potential exposures and quarantine.
- Ensure that we are following current covid mitigation and quarantine guidelines as set forth by VDH and PVAHA.
- Coordinate a CPR training for coaching staff and potentially older players
- Coordinate with Iceplex to have AED with pediatric and adult pads onsite.
- Check in with injured players/families, offer support if needed with USA Hockey insurance. Make sure they have a point of contact for USA hockey, etc.